Thursday, January 17, 2008

Readers Respond to “I Am Not Like Your Father’s Pharmacist”. Part 2


I was privileged to have worked in medical institution drugstore in
the 1970s and to have seen the process begin for acknowledgement of us
and our grooming.
We stopped dispensing from a nurse’s transcribed idiom and delegating
our drug area to her, but rather began dispensing from physician orders
and assumed the arena of the medicinal drug up to and until taken by
the case.
We unit dosed medications, we chaired the formulary administrative
unit, worked closely with tending, inaugurated central IV and
hyperalimentation feedings, monitored antibiotic employment, and
coordinated all accreditation requirements.
Chemist’s was exciting, challenging and rewarding during this evolution.

Now, twenty-four hour period, we can look with satisfaction at the
pharmacists who not only are the drug experts, but who also have
stepped into the healthcare team and are so well trained and respected
by the other team members.

To the Editor in chief:

Unfortunately,
I and many other patients have to contend with the new role of the
pharmacist when we try to obtain medicament: a reporting arm of the
politics.

As one of the unfortunate older women who have acne,
I’ve been put through the undignified and insulting cognitive operation
of trying to obtain Accutane.
Unfortunately, the pharmacists must now varan my monthly practitioner
submission visits, ask about whether or not I’ve had a pregnancy test
(hysterectomy 10 geezerhood ago), video display the empowerment
paperwork by my theologizer, and inactiveness on the date the
prescription medicine was ordered — any one of which could outcome in
the denial of therapy prescribed to me by my Doctor.

In
step-up, as I have allergies, the pharmacist is now required to essay
my name to the administration because I’ve purchased a perfectly legal
over-the-counter medicine that contains pseudoephedrine.

Believe me, the new role certainly doesn’t encourage me to consider this individual part of my valued healthcare team.



This is a part of article Readers Respond to “I Am Not Like Your Father’s Pharmacist”. Part 2 Taken from "Generic Isotretinoin Accutane" Information Blog

No comments: